HID iCLASS Contactless Access Card Number
HID iCLASS card number access made easy using SmartCardAPI.
- Wiegand data parser
- card number (CN) or facility code (FC) extracted according to card format
- HID PROX card access via Visual Studio .NET-based managed code
- sample code in C# and VB.NET
No need to sift through HID iCLASS card and HID OMNIKEY iCLASS card reader documentation. Nor do you need to look into PC/SC documentation of unmanaged code, write a winscard wrapper in C# or VB.NET etc.
By the time you are done a week of development time can easily be gone.
Thanks to CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) edition reading the HID PROX Card Number is quite easy.
SmartCardAPI supports all HID OMNIKEY reader proprietary commands that are necessary to establish a secure channel between reader and host software. The sample code shows how to read 26-bit Wiegand data or any other standard HID access card format. Wiegand data is parsed according to known standard HID Wiegand card formats.
SmartCardAPI supports all HID OMNIKEY reader proprietary commands that are necessary to establish a secure channel between reader and host software.
All you need is SmartCard-API (Professional) and a few of lines of code read an HID access card number or facility code. This means that you can generate the same Wiegand data, card number and facility code on your desktop system as it is being used in the physical access control panel. Now you can do more with your iCLASS card than opening doors.
SmartCard API provides you with easy-to-use methods to extract data items such as Facility Code and Card Number.
We have prepared sample code to demonstrate this. (requires license agreement) It is work in progress. However as we think that this code can be very helpful, we wrapped it in HelloWorld-style sample code.
And in case you would like to see the library at work without any coding, download our ready-to-use HID PROX & iCLASS test tool PACSprobe for Windows. It is available at PACSprobe.com and is based on the same libraries used for HelloProx and HelloICLASS. However, you don't need to build the executable first. It is the ideal utility for a quick, free PROX card test just to see if your HID iCLASS access card can be detected. The program calculates the iCLASS access card number applying some known Wiegand encoding formats and supports Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 systems. 32-bit and x64 versions of Windows are supported.
Key Features of HelloICLASS Sample Code
- Reads HID ICLASS card's card number
- Supported HID OMNIKEY iCLASS card readers: OMNIKEY 5021, OMNIKEY 5022, OMNIKEY 5023, OMNIKEY 5127, OMNIKEY 5421, OMNIKEY 5422, OMNIKEY 5427 CK, and OMNIKEY 5326 DFR
- Supported HID Proximity card formats:
HID H10301 26 bit Wiegand open card format with facility code and card number
HID H10302 37 bit Wiegand format without facility code
HID H10304 37 bit Wiegand format with facility code
HID H10320 37 bit clock and data format
HID Corporate 1000 35 bit and 48 bit Wiegand format for HID PROX cards with unique Company ID code and Card Number
- Tracks card events i.e. detects card insertion/removal
- C# sample code, supports all .NET programming languages including Visual Basic.NET (VB.NET),Visual C#, Visual J#, and Managed C++.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- SmartCard-API (Professional) version 126.96.36.1992 or later
- HID OMNIKEY iCLASS or dual frequency reader with latest driver
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (note: x86 and x64 are supported)
- .NET Framework 4.x.
Buying a software license of the CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) edition entitles you to redistribute the binary CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) assembly to your customers at an incredible ROI.