Memory Card .NET Library
SmartCardAPI provides memory card support through a powerful helper class storage card access on OMNIKEY smart card readers.
A C# based, managed code for .NET replaces Unmanaged, proprietary C/C++ API code residing in OMNIKEY scardsyn.dll (a/k/a Sync API) for synchronous cards is replaced by a set of methods that can also be used for new generation OMNIKEY readers without code modifications.
You can easily read/write storage cards from within your C# or VB.NET sample code. It supports I2C and 2-wire protocols. Xchip-based and Aviator-based OMNIKEY readers can be integrated through the same C# API.
Instead of spending time sifting through HID OMNIKEY scardsyn.dll documentation and studying C++ and VB samples available for HID OMNIKEY SyncAPI, we provide a set of easy-to-use .NET classes that are smart enough to detect reader and card technology. We take care of updates that are necessary if anything should change on the reader side.
You won't need to write your own wrapper class to make unmanaged functions residing in scardsyn.dll (32-bit native Windows API) and scardsynx64.dll (64 bit native Windows API). All this is already available and our HelloMemoryCard C# sample application show hoe to do read/write to memory cards.
Memory Card Type Support
The following memory card types are supported
- I2C cards from Atmel (Inside):
AT24C01A, AT24C02, AT24C04, AT24C08, AT24C1024, AT24C128, AT24C16, AT24C164, AT24C256, AT24C32, AT24C512, AT24C64, AT24CS128, AT24CS256
- I2C cards from Gemalto (GemPlus):
- I2C cards from ST-Microelectronics:
- 2-wire protocol cards from Infineon:
Some of these cars are still very popular. Therefore card reader vendors support them via pseudo APDUs implemented on firmware level.
Please contact us if you need a particular reader integration not currently supported by SmartCardAPI + CardModule.MemoryCard
Memory Card C# Sample Code Features
Thanks to CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) edition accessing OMNIKEY synchronous API and vendor specific APDUs for synchronous storage cards is quite easy. Our Hello World - like sample code works fine on any Windows 7/8/10 desktop systems. 32-bit and x64 versions of Windows are supported.
- Reads and writes I2C and 2-wire storage cards
- helper class for ScardSyn API and vendor specific pseudo APDU interface
- saves you days of work
- Supports HID Global's OMNIKEY CardMan smartcard readers:
OMNIKEY 5125, OMNIKIEY 5325, OMNIKEY 3121, OMNIKEY 3021, OMNIKEY 4021, OMNIKEY 4040 PCMCIA, OMNIKEY 5121, OMNIKEY 5321, OMNIKEY 5421, OMNIKEY 3111, OMNIKEY 6121, OMNIKEY 6221, OMNIKEY 6321, OMNIKEY 4321 and OMNIKEY 3921
- Tracks card events i.e. detects card insertion/removal
- C# sample code
- supports all .NET programming languages including Visual Basic.NET (VB.NET),Visual C#, Visual J#, and Managed C++.
- build for .NET Framework 4.0
Storage Card (memory card) Integration Made Easy
All you need to access storage cards is SmartCard-API (Professional) and a few of lines of code. No need to know anything about third party data structures, winscard context or Windows card handles etc.
Once you are connected using SmartCardAPI (professional), you can also access I2C cards. We expose three easy-yo-use methods. The wrapper assembly takes care of everything needed to get things worked out between native winscard, PC/SC and OMNIKEY proprietary synchronous API.
SmartCard API provides you with easy-to-use methods to access unmanaged API calls. Both, 32-bit and 64 builds are supported.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- SmartCard-API (Professional) 5.0.17.x
- HID OMNIKEY contact card reader with latest driver
- OMNIKEY xchip: synchronous API DLL: scardsyn.dll for 32-bit, scardsynx64.dll for 64-bit
- OMNIKEY Aviator: no proprietary unmanaged DLL necessary
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (note: x86 and x64 are supported)
Buying a commercial license of the CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) edition entitles you to redistribute the binary CardWerk SmartCard API (Professional) assembly to your customers at an incredible ROI.